About Dagu

    An explanation of "Dagu" can be found at the bottom of the sidebar.

    Saturday, March 26, 2011

    Intention, Gratitude, Intuition and Fuzzy Navigation

    Some people are blessed with a very clear vision of who they are and what they wish to experience and accomplish in their lifetimes.  From my own experience, they are the exception as opposed to the rule, with most folks having a relatively fuzzy sense of who they are, where they are going, and why.  The latter is not necessarily a bad thing, though it can end up in a lot of going in circles if one doesn't pop one's head up from time to time to query on goals and progress.

    Over the last few months I've been experimenting with sitting quietly every morning, feeling gratitude for what I have created, what I am creating and what I have yet to create, and then asking for guidance on things I need to do or pay attention to during the course of the day.  At the end of the day, I take time to sit in gratitude again, reflecting on how the day has unfolded, and then focus on bringing further questions or intentions into my dream time.

    As I engage with these practices of gratitude and intention, I often feel like a toddler who is just learning to crawl or walk.  Despite being simple, staying consistent with these practices is a humbling undertaking to say the least, as there's a part of the ego or persona that really doesn't want to change and will find all kinds of backdoors and reasons not to engage.  But I'm tenacious and becoming proud of my ability to be consistent.  To make things even better, every once in a while I get glimpses of the power of this kind of practice, whether through the direct speed of physical manifestation of intentions, or visceral experiences of what feels like my body "re-wiring" itself to be more powerful, connected and whole.  These are always golden affirming moments.

    Perhaps the biggest thing I am learning through this kind of daily practice is trusting that I only need to know the actual step I am working on as opposed to every step right through to the end point, and that my best ally is my intuitive sense of what I need to do while staying aware of emerging (and sometimes surprising and unexpected) opportunities that support the creative process at hand.  In many ways it's about learning to live in the mystery of creation, breathing it in and being fully present with it, and giving up the need to force or push or manipulate things towards certain outcomes.  Indeed, there is a real felt sense that by aligning my will with the larger forces of co-creation, the outcomes will be that much grander and more satisfying.

    Interestingly, in adjusting to this new way of living and engaging with my life, I'm finding that stress has all but disappeared, and I'm developing a real appreciation for the powerful creative forces unleashed through the consistent practice of intuition, intention, prayer, and gratitude.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment